6 Basic Principles To Understand About Owning Multi – Unit Houses! is one of the greatest posts about Property Investment. There are many posts on the net that examine Property Investment, 6 Basic Principles To Understand About Owning Multi – Unit Houses! one of which we recommend for you. Ideally the posts that we share below may be of use, raise information and be considered a option for you.
Although, historically, owning investment real estate, is considered, a quality, relatively – safe, vehicle, it takes some knowledge, understanding, planning, and carefully, choosing the right/ appropriate property, to do so! After, more than 15 years, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, and, someone, who has, on several occasions, invested in residential rental properties, I strongly, believe, it is important, and meaningful, for potential investors, to pay keen attention, to these 6 basic principles, about the realities, etc, of doing so, With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, these.
1. Down – payment, usually higher: When one purchases a multi – family house, unless he lives there, lenders consider it differently, from the perspective of how much, down – payment, is required, if using a mortgage, as a part of the purchase. While, rules, and conditions, often,differ, the normal conventional mortgage, for a single – family house, is 20%, but, for a non – owner – occupied one, it is 25%.
2. Additional requirement/ predicted income/ revenue/ cash flow: Lenders, usually, when offering mortgages, for a single – family, house, base their decisions, on, the appraised value, and a set of numbers, ratios, etc, believed to represent a borrower’s ability to afford to repay, etc. However, with multi – family scenarios, a key requirement, is based on the predicted revenues, from rents, anticipated income, and cash flow. This is done, to minimize the lender’s risks!
3. All the costs: Know all the costs of owning and operating the specific property, from the onset. These considerations should consider: owner’s responsibilities for real estate taxes, utilities, maintenance, repairs, revenues, cleaning between tenants, maintaining common areas and/ or, grounds, etc. All of these expenses, should be factored into one’s decision to purchase a specific property!
4. 6% rule: A smart, rule – of – thumb, I call, the 6% rule. This means the revenues (stated, conservatively), minus all costs of ownership (paid monthly or averaged, that way), is the Cash Flow. This means, unless/ until, the true, Cash Flow, is at least, 6% positive!
5. The 75% occupancy guidance: When, calculating, anticipated revenues, take into consideration, vacancies will happen, and be prepared. Thus, after determining the revenues, using market – rates – rents, reduce the number, to 75%, to account for this, contingency!
6. Ease/ demand of renting: Consider the specific, real estate/ rental – housing market, and if, it is difficult, or challenging, to rent, when there are vacancies. Research, how long, on average, similar units, take to rent, in this geographic area!
Position yourself, to make the wisest real estate decisions, by considering, at least, these 6 relevant factors, prior to investing in a specific property! Will you proceed, with the discipline, to be a wiser buyer/ investor?
Therefore this article with the title of 6 Basic Principles To Understand About Owning Multi – Unit Houses!, that individuals share and is extracted from numerous options on the internet. You will get more other related articles on the class page Investment in Property.
Real Estate Investment Shrewd Or Foolish? A Contrarian’s View is one of the greatest articles about Property Investment. There are numerous posts on the internet that discuss Property Investment, Real Estate Investment Shrewd Or Foolish? A Contrarian’s View one of which... Read More
6 Tips for Taking Your Real Estate Investing to the Next Level is one of the finest posts about Property Investment. There are lots of articles on the internet that discuss Property Investment, 6 Tips for Taking Your Real Estate Investing... Read More
How to Become a Successful Real Estate Developer is one of the best articles about Property Investment. There are many articles on the web that discuss Property Investment, How to Become a Successful Real Estate Developer one of which we recommend... Read More
How to Buy Belize Real Estate is one of the greatest articles about Property Investment. There are numerous articles on the internet that discuss Property Investment, How to Buy Belize Real Estate one of which we suggest for you. Preferably the... Read More
Koh Samui Investment in Condominiums, Condos and Choices For the Lifestyle Investor is one of the finest articles about Property Investment. There are numerous articles on the internet that discuss Property Investment, Koh Samui Investment in Condominiums, Condos and Choices For... Read More